This week for the Missing Person Saturday feature, I am highlighting the missing person’s case of Mariah Chavez Carter. This case is classified as a family abduction case. Mariah was last seen on October 8th, 2001, in Briscoe, North Carolina.
Mariah was born on August 10th, 2001, and was 1 month old when she went missing. She is described as a biracial (Hispanic/White) female, 1’5”, 10 lbs, with brown hair, and blue eyes.
Mariah was abducted from Briscoe, North Carolina on October 8th, 2001 by her non-custodial mother, Porfria Salmeron Chavez. A felony warrant for custodial interference was issued on December 10th, 2007. Chavez may have taken Mariah to Mexico, their whereabouts are unknown.
If you have any information on Mariah or her disappearance, please contact the Briscoe Police Department by phone at (910) 572-1315.
- Charley Project: https://charleyproject.org/case/mariah-chavez-carter
- NamUs: https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/1491
- NCMEC: https://www.missingkids.org/poster/NCMC/924939/1/screen
Tomorrow for the Spotcast Sunday feature, I am reviewing the education podcast, Bestie Bestie Bom Bom. Next week for the Missing Person Saturday feature, I am highlighting the missing person’s case of Michael L. Shackelford. Until then keep sleuthing the cases; Nerd out!
Connect with me on social media:
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tshathaway
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Widget2009
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/t.s.hathaway
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/widget0712
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/13651635-ts
If you would like to support this blog, please share it with your friends and family. You can also support this blog for as little as $1/month on Patreon. By being a supporter on Patreon you will receive rewards and access to exclusive content. All support received through Patreon goes towards the costs associated with the blog. https://www.patreon.com/tshathaway